FHWA

Researching worldwide

Font Size

Cpanel
Forums > FHWA SIGs Forums > House Groups > South of the River House Group > In remembrance of Audrey Wright 2015
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: In remembrance of Audrey Wright 2015

In remembrance of Audrey Wright 2015 01 Nov 2015 09:35 #1217

The South of the River House Group was saddened to hear of the death of WAGS member and keen House Group member, Audrey Wright, earlier this year. Audrey’s association with the Group began four years ago, and it soon became apparent that she was an avid reader, a meticulous researcher, and a generous and thoughtful member of the house Group. Audrey was a Life Member of Save the Children Australia and worked tirelessly on organisational aspects of the Annual Book Sale for that organisation. She was always on the lookout for just the right book for her fellow members of the House Group and frequently brought along something to enhance their research for the price of a donation to the Save the Children fund. Needless to say, Audrey’s own research was always beautifully presented with background information and illustrations. She regularly attended Unlock the Past Seminars held at the State Library and I had the pleasure of her company on one occasion when we attended together. She impressed me with her knowledge of history and was a delightful companion. Members of the South of the River House Group remember Audrey as gentle and softly spoken and always with something of interest to contribute. She will be sadly missed.

Louise Clarkson
Convenor South of the River House Group.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds
You are here Forums > FHWA SIGs Forums > House Groups > South of the River House Group > In remembrance of Audrey Wright 2015