FHWA

Researching worldwide

Font Size

Cpanel
Forums > FHWA Forum > FHWA Website > Members Only - Swan River Colony - Arrivals and Departures 1829-1838
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Members Only - Swan River Colony - Arrivals and Departures 1829-1838

Members Only - Swan River Colony - Arrivals and Departures 1829-1838 13 Aug 2012 12:14 #548

• WAGS Webmaster
  • Thank you received: 7
This significant set of Western Australian historical data, produced by Graham Bown on behalf of the Swan River Pioneers 1829-1838 Special Interest Group of the Western Australian Genealogical Society Inc., is now available to WAGS members via the WAGS website.

This is a great resource of early Western Australian data, painstakingly compiled over a number of years from a wide variety of primary and secondary sources.

We thank Graham Bown, and the Swan River Pioneers group, for allowing us to present this data to members.

Members need to log in to view the web page at: Swan River Colony Arrivals and Departures 1829-1838
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Members Only - Swan River Colony - Arrivals and Departures 1829-1838 26 Jul 2020 09:19 #2098

I'd like to point out that the link provided in the original posting is broken and does not go anywhere.

I joined yesterday in the hope of searching for a potential ancestor in this list. When I tried using the "Indexes" link, it informed me I was not a member and couldnt access the index. I am logged in though?

My ancestor's name was John Lundie and I have located a very large amount of material on Trove about him and his life in Port Adelaide in the mid 1800s. However, on Familysearch, I was able to locate a Port Adelaide Gaol image from 1857 showing John Lundie serving time for "being drunk and assaulting a PC". Under 'from whence (he came into the colony)' it shows Swan River Colony 1856. This suggests that he come from Scotland to the Swan River Colony some time prior to 1856, then arrived into Port Adelaide in 1856.

Is there any way I can search the index? Are there other passenger lists into WA I can access online?

Regards
Phill

Members Only - Swan River Colony - Arrivals and Departures 1829-1838 26 Jul 2020 09:57 #2099

• Neil Bradley
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4
Phil,

The link is not broken. I have responded to you privately.

Cheers, Neil
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds
You are here Forums > FHWA Forum > FHWA Website > Members Only - Swan River Colony - Arrivals and Departures 1829-1838