WAGS

Western Australian Genealogical Society Inc.

Font Size

Cpanel
Forums > WAGS SIG's Forum > Enrolled Pensioner Guards (EPG) > Enquiry regarding EPG uniform and display
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Enquiry regarding EPG uniform and display

Enquiry regarding EPG uniform and display 30 Jan 2018 02:46 #1814

Good morning, I have just joined the EPG group. I have 2 GGG Granfathers who were guards on the same ship, the Naval Reserve. John Seery and Michael Fennell.
I am keen to look into replicating the EPG uniform and assisting with displaying it at events etc. Does anyone know where I can start? I have been in touch with a company over East however they require a sample of the badge to replicate. Any information is greatly appreciated. Regards

Andy
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Enquiry regarding EPG uniform and display 30 Jan 2018 09:03 #1815

• Ian Barnes
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 7
Hi Andy

I am no expert on the uniforms.

But appears the EPGs had many different uniforms and one theory is :
when each ship / EPGs were being prepared they were given various uniforms that were available at that time ( stores spares ?)
possibly of the same regiment for each ship. WA Colonial authorities certainly could not afford to provide them.

The photo Michael Fitzpatrick's in a uniform at WAGs is not now considered a correct depiction of the Enrolled Guard.

The EPG SiG has some replica buttons - not for sale.
Contact me off site.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds
You are here Forums > WAGS SIG's Forum > Enrolled Pensioner Guards (EPG) > Enquiry regarding EPG uniform and display