WAGS

Western Australian Genealogical Society Inc.

Font Size

Cpanel
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Henry Brindley

Henry Brindley 18 Mar 2013 22:29 #687

My Enrolled Pensioner is Henry Brindley. while we have his army records and his history in Australia I can find no information on Henry's private life before he came to Australia.
he arrived her with a young daughter in 1862 per "York". I cannot find which line of the Brindleys he belongs to nor a marriage for him in the UK. His parents were Henry Brindley and Elizabeth Hall.
if anyone has any ideas for researching his private life I would be grateful.

regards Phyllys
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Henry Brindley 19 Mar 2013 07:14 #688

• Gillian O'Mara
  • Newby
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Phyllys

I don't have his military record but I do have him listed as 2nd/27th Regiment. Can you confirm this? I have him married to Catherine Coniff or McKlenett during his military service. So you will have to look at his military record very carefully to see where he served for a place of possible marriage. I have the same parents for him as you. Also that he is thought to have brought his wife and daughter Susan with him from records I researched more than 20 years ago. I don't have his death but Catherine remarried in 1869. He had a son Joseph Henry Brindley registered in Geraldton in Reg No 234 in 1867.

I hope this gives you some leads.
Gillian

Henry Brindley 19 Mar 2013 12:22 #690

HiGillian. Yes I have the information re henry' marriage here to Catherine there are various surnames for her. She has her father as MCKiff on their wedding certificate. Joseph their son was my grandfather. His half sister was Susannah, she came out on the York with him bt is listed as "his wife presumed". he enrolled in the army at Salford in 1839 and spent 25 years in the Army mostly in Africa and India. He was enlisted into the 1st Battalion, 2nd Regiment of foot and I think the 27th Regiment was when he came out here.
I am not sure where to look for him i have searched the FIBS data base and looked in search.org but not having any luck I also took some pay as you go subscriptions to Ancesty.com an Findmypast.com but there are so many Brindleys and as I dont know his wife's name it is difficult to know which one he may be. Most don;t seem to fit his year of birth as per his army records.
I am hoping to get some more time next term to make use of the records there an to seek some advice from those of you who are knowledgeable. I have been a member for a long time but never seem to get there. I used to come to the EPG meetings but can't make it on Saturday mornings. I have noticed that the last couple have been on Saturday afternoon so may be able to come if that is a permanent change.

I do appreciate your response. best regards
Phyllys onald
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds