FHWA

Researching worldwide

Font Size

Cpanel
Forums > FHWA SIGs Forums > Enrolled Pensioner Guards (EPG) > Arrival dates for an Enrolled Guard and Warder
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Arrival dates for an Enrolled Guard and Warder

Arrival dates for an Enrolled Guard and Warder 03 Jul 2020 10:21 #2094

Hi, I have two relatives who came to WA and would like to find their arrival date. They are both listed in the WA Biographical Index but no mention of their ship/arrival.I can see James Crooks wife and children listed as passengers and their arrival

I had Crook without the 's' at the end but the children's name matches the family.I can see a James Crook in the enrolledpensionerforcewa website but his occupation and details of birth don't match with mine.

I would appreciate if someone could direct me to where I might find more information about their arrival and their service. Enrolled Pensionaer Guards and a Warder would be very different jobs?

WA Biographical Index
CROOKS, James. arrived as an Enrolled Pensioner Guard. Formerly Pte. Scots Fusiliers Guards. dtr Patience Crooks d. 10.9.1852 at 7 yrs (Frem). ? Moved to SA 10.3.1857 per ' C.W. Bradley'. CROOKS, Maria m. 23.5.1853 (Frem) Alexander DUNCAN (warder). WABI Card #C7246

and

DUNCAN, Alexander. 1833, son of John. m. 23.5.1853 (Frem.) Maria CROOK 1834, dtr. of James (Enr Pens.) TOODYAY Warder 1856. Leased 16 acres of 'Deepdale' from Lukin in 1856. C/E. WABI Card# D4293
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Arrival dates for an Enrolled Guard and Warder 03 Jul 2020 11:42 #2095

• Ian Barnes
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 9
Hi Ann

You may wish to look at our Website: enrolledpensionerforcewa.org.au/

We also have a FB page : www.facebook.com/groups/593346994190403 - WA EPG SIG

Crooks arrived - on the RAMILLIES 7th August 1854 - possibly not married - see our entry

DUNCAN - at this stage I can't see his arrival date.

We would be grateful if you could email our co-ordinationor John Knowles : EPG Project Website < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >

and we will endeavor to find out more. We do have some of his service record and , sadly, no photos of him or his family.

Regards
Ian
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ann Strautins
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds
You are here Forums > FHWA SIGs Forums > Enrolled Pensioner Guards (EPG) > Arrival dates for an Enrolled Guard and Warder