FHWA

Family History Western Australia - Researching Worldwide

Font Size

Cpanel
Forums > WAGS SIG's Forum > Computer & Genealogy Programs Forum > legacy files on samsung tablet
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: legacy files on samsung tablet

legacy files on samsung tablet 03 Sep 2019 10:30 #1992

Can anyone advise the app and procedure for putting my legacy files onto my samsung tablet, I only need to read them as don't want to lug my laptop on overseas trip.
Many thanks for any assistance.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

legacy files on samsung tablet 03 Sep 2019 10:49 #1993

Maureen,
I recently installed the Families App from www.telgen.co.uk/families/ on my samsung phone.
It is designed for Legacy software and works really well.
I'll be at the next Technology SIG and Legacy SIG meetings if you want to see how it works
Liana

legacy files on samsung tablet 03 Sep 2019 12:03 #1994

Thanks Liana for the information. I am not able to be at the Computer/Legacy SIG and we fly out on 15th September but will purchase the app and see how I go.

legacy files on samsung tablet 03 Sep 2019 12:32 #1995

• Cathy Pinner
  • Expert
  • Thank you received: 24
Maureen,
The Families app works well.
You buy the app from the Play store and then you also go to the website and download Families Sync to your computer. This is what converts your Legacy file to the right format for Families and helps you transfer your file to your tablet. I use the USB connection method.
On the website on the left panel is a How To link which details a number of different ways to transfer the file.

Here's the website: www.telgen.co.uk/families/

and if you have problems Malcolm Green is pretty responsive on: < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maureen Robbins
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.276 seconds
You are here Forums > WAGS SIG's Forum > Computer & Genealogy Programs Forum > legacy files on samsung tablet