FHWA

Family History Western Australia - Researching Worldwide

Font Size

Cpanel
Forums > WAGS SIG's Forum > Central & Eastern Australia + New Zealand > South Australia online information
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: South Australia online information

South Australia online information 28 Feb 2019 14:41 #1944

• Ian Simon
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 10
Here are some links to sites with updates or may be of interest to South Australia research.

The State Records office have an agreement with FamilySearch for hosting of indexes and images. To find out some of what FamilySearch have online go to:

www.archives.sa.gov.au/content/online-records

But FamilySearch also have SA school records from SA State Records but the link is not mentioned. Here it is:

www.familysearch.org/search/collection/2862204 school records

Note that State Records also have indexes and images of some of the datasets; I have found the scanning is different so images are different quality but I am not sure if the indexing is different.

Also Catholic Archives have a major update of their website (not sure when they did this) and they seem to be more receptive to family history research than they have been in the recent past:

www.adelaide.catholic.org.au/our-works-a...ory/what-s-available

Faithe Jones at www.gravesecrets.net has expanded beyond grave headstones and has pages on "Old Colonists" and WWI Pictorial Honour Rolls of Australians

www.gravesecrets.net/old-colonists-of-south-australia.html
www.gravesecrets.net/wwi-pictorial-honour-rolls.html and follow the link.

Remember other archives:

Lutheran Archives at www.lca.org.au/departments/ministry-support/lutheran-archives/
Uniting Church at historicalsociety.unitingchurch.org.au/

To find a list of museums, history groups in SA etc go to:

community.history.sa.gov.au/museums-directory

or if you are planning a trip to SA then the Explore History website is useful explorehistory.com.au/

If you know of any similar sites please let me know.

Cheers and best wishes with your hunting

Ian Simon
SA SIG Convener.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maggie Speak
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds
You are here Forums > WAGS SIG's Forum > Central & Eastern Australia + New Zealand > South Australia online information