WAGS

Western Australian Genealogical Society Inc.

Font Size

Cpanel
Forums > WAGS SIG's Forum > Western Australian > Looking for descendants of William Gordon Ross
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Looking for descendants of William Gordon Ross

Looking for descendants of William Gordon Ross 30 Sep 2017 16:17 #1744

William Gordon Ross (1876 - 1958) and his wife Annie Shanks and their seven children emigrated to Western Australia from Scotland aboard the Australind in 1912. Six more children were born in Australia (all but one in Perth) and there was also a stillborn child. The attached PDF file shows the names, dates of birth and death of all the children.

I have been tracing my late husband's Ross family for about ten years. His maternal grandfather John Stephen Ross, who remained in the UK, was William's eldest brother. Their parents were John Ross and Mary Moncur Stephen. Mary died in childbirth aged only 35 and the seven children were dispersed amongst family members.

My mother-in-law was a dedicated hoarder and I have photographs of the family, including William Gordon Ross as a child. I should like to be able to share these with the family members in Australia. I have also traced their family line back to 1741 in Cullen, Banffshire, Scotland.

I have found family trees on the Ancestry website that include this family. I also have a copy of a letter written in 1993 by a granddaughter of William Gordon and Annie to a Ross family member in Scotland, whom she had traced. (Unfortunately although it has an address on it, the writer said she was about to move house!)

I am hoping that someone within the Western Australia Genealogical Society will know of this family so that I can get in touch with them.
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds
You are here Forums > WAGS SIG's Forum > Western Australian > Looking for descendants of William Gordon Ross