Font Size

Cpanel
Forums > WAGS Forum > WAGS Library > WA passenger arrivals index 1839 - 1890
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: WA passenger arrivals index 1839 - 1890

WA passenger arrivals index 1839 - 1890 24 Oct 2017 05:50 #1759

I am interested in the arrivals into WA. I have found my ancestors coming into Fremantle on the Daylight. I am wondering if you can get the record as I need more information on my ancestors. If you can see the record is it possible to get someone to look it up for me.

thanks Leonie
The administrator has disabled public write access.

WA passenger arrivals index 1839 - 1890 24 Oct 2017 15:39 #1760

• Ian Simon
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 10
Hi Leonie

The Daylight made at least 4 voyages to WA; so before we can assist we need the voyage date and preferably the passenger names.

Also, when you receive your WAGS website login information you will be able to go to the database and search yourself.

Ian Simon

WA passenger arrivals index 1839 - 1890 25 Oct 2017 05:45 #1765

Hi Ian,
Thanks for the reply.
Yes I login and searched I got the departure date destination ship etc.
I have John Stammers, wife Annie and child Mary Ann arrived in Fremantle from London on the ship, Daylight. The date was 4 - 6th Aug 1875. that is the information I got from the search. Is there any detailed information like passenger list of the ages of the passengers where they were from. I just need more detail.

Thanks
Leonie

WA passenger arrivals index 1839 - 1890 25 Oct 2017 16:12 #1766

• Ian Simon
  • Administrator
I found a page of information with a link to a passenger list published in The Wester Australian Times 23 July 1875 with the comment you Stammers is written Hammers. Gives ages but not origins.

Go to

www.bradyfamilytree.org/genealogy/showmedia.php?mediaID=243

From their ages you may be able to find them in the 1871 census or the marriage in FreeBMD or the birth in FreeBMD or the GRO index.

Hope this helps.

Ian

WA passenger arrivals index 1839 - 1890 26 Oct 2017 07:24 #1767

So there is a shipping record of the voyage. This person has transcribed it from the newspaper or the record. I need more information on John. I have them in England in 1871 census the information in the census doesn't lead any where. John Stamers (with one m) is living with his parents in law Hauxwells (they are on the daylight as well). I can't find him anywhere else.
He became identified in the building industry in Fremantle and Adelaide (in his obituary). He was well know as a bricklayer and built many building in his home town Burnie Tasmania.and in New Zealand. I wonder if it is possible to research him in Fremantle. They were only in Fremantle less than 2 years.

Thanks again
Leonie

WA passenger arrivals index 1839 - 1890 26 Oct 2017 07:35 #1768

• Ian Simon
  • Administrator
Hi Leonie

You have reached the limits of my knowledge of WA records. I suggest you contact some of the elders of WA resources. As a starter try Lorraine Clark as convener of the WA SIG by sending an email to

This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Ian
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leonie Upchurch
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.311 seconds
You are here Forums > WAGS Forum > WAGS Library > WA passenger arrivals index 1839 - 1890