FHWA

Researching worldwide

Font Size

Cpanel
Forums > FHWA SIGs Forums > London & South of England (was London & Home Counties) > County research guides - South of England
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: County research guides - South of England

County research guides - South of England 20 Jan 2013 22:32 #653

• Mike Murray
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 6
Following on from our inaugural meeting in December 2012, the newly formed London and South of England SIG has decided to have a crack at developing short research guides to each of the 28 counties in our sphere of interest. These will consist primarily of web-links to the releveant GENUKI and Familysearch Wiki pages, information about local archives, availability of local birth, marriage and death certificates, Family History Societies, where to find the parish register indexes, transcriptions and images, and anything else unique to the county.
Hopefully researchers will find the information helpful - I know I will.

The first couple of guides are now on the SIG web-page...look at the list of the Counties and you'll find CAM and MDX.

Comments invited.

Cheers
Mike
The administrator has disabled public write access.

County research guides - South of England 26 Sep 2013 00:24 #819

• Mike Murray
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 6
Just uploaded the 19th and 20th County Guides - Cornwall and Essex.

These are handy two page summaries of the key online resources for each of the counties in our group's sphere of interest. Includes such items as - whether you can get a certificate from the local county (rather than the GRO) and how to go about it; where are the parish records; access to local archives and lots more gems.
Have a look here...download the lot!
membership.wags.org.au/special-interest-...and-south-of-england (scroll down to see the Counties we cover)
Cheers, Mike
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.784 seconds
You are here Forums > FHWA SIGs Forums > London & South of England (was London & Home Counties) > County research guides - South of England