FHWA

Researching worldwide

Font Size

Cpanel
Forums > FHWA SIGs Forums > Irish SIG > Per Palestine from Mount Bellew Workhouse to WA
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Per Palestine from Mount Bellew Workhouse to WA

Per Palestine from Mount Bellew Workhouse to WA 21 Jul 2016 13:31 #1400

• Jenni Ibrahim
  • Expert
  • Thank you received: 27
Paula Kennedy in Ireland is assembling a group to source and trace the orphan girls that left Mountbellew Workhouse, Galway and migrated to Australia in 1853 on the Irish Bride ship ‘Palestine’.
This would include Mary Ann Taylor whose descendants have been involved in the Travel Box project which concluded recently in York, WA. And this would also include descendants of Elizabeth Carberry, another of the young women on the Palestine. A Dardanup based travel box project is beginning so that we can link her descendants to Paula this way.

Are there any others whose ancestors arrived on the Palestine from Mountbellew Workhouse, Galway? Please get in youch with me or with Paula direct

Here's her message:

Tracing Orphan girls sent from Mountbellew workhouse, as emigrants to Australia.
In the coming weeks a Project group will be forming to source and trace the orphan girls that left Mountbellew Workhouse and immigrated to Australia in 1853 on an Irish Bride ship called the ‘Palestine’.
We are aiming to connect with the descendants of the orphan girls. Not all orphan girls were 'Orphans'. They did have family members prior to their entry to the workhouses, so I would love to trace their ancestral descendants here in Ireland and establish a reconnection.
Long term plan would be to invite back to Ireland, to Mountbellew, any descendants of the orphan girls and reconnect with their ancestral homeland. It would be lovely to have a service and a good Irish welcome.
I would like to start connecting with any individuals in Australia who can assist in connecting with the Orphan girls descendants.
If you can make any suggestions or forward any contacts that may be of interest, I would really appreciate it.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Paula Kennedy This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Jenni Ibrahim
Convenor
Irish Special Interest Group
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds
You are here Forums > FHWA SIGs Forums > Irish SIG > Per Palestine from Mount Bellew Workhouse to WA