FHWA

Researching worldwide

Font Size

Cpanel
Forums > FHWA SIGs Forums > Irish SIG > Perth Irish Famine Bells event 26 Sep 12 noon
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Perth Irish Famine Bells event 26 Sep 12 noon

Perth Irish Famine Bells event 26 Sep 12 noon 17 Sep 2015 13:03 #1186

• Jenni Ibrahim
  • Expert
  • Thank you received: 27
Dear Irish SIG members
You are invited to the Perth Ringing of the Bells for the Irish Famine Victims on Saturday 26 Sep at 12 noon at the Bell Tower. Bells will ring all over Ireland on the day, remembering the impact of the Great Famine on all of Ireland, including many of our relatives.
We will meet at the WA Rowing Club nearby (see map) and walk to the Bell Tower as the bells ring out. There are free passes for us to go up to the top level and then take part in a short ceremony of music and readings.

Am looking for a member to read a famine poem suggested to us by Fred Rea and Sally Desmond. As I am still coughing a lot, I would prefer if someone else could do this please. Do get in touch by phone or email if you could lend your voice. I will let you have the poem beforehand to practice.
Slainte

Jenni Ibrahim
Conveyor
irish SIG
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
9382 4678
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds
You are here Forums > FHWA SIGs Forums > Irish SIG > Perth Irish Famine Bells event 26 Sep 12 noon