FHWA

Family History Western Australia - Researching Worldwide

Font Size

Cpanel
Forums > WAGS Forum > General Topics > Could space in the Cloud be a member benefit?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Could space in the Cloud be a member benefit?

Could space in the Cloud be a member benefit? 25 Nov 2019 15:11 #2024

Hello fellow members - how to protect our precious research and who to pass it to when we die are very important topics. Some may worry that family members don't appreciate the work they have done - others may suspect that everyone has good intentions, but bundles of papers and photos, passwords and usernames can get so easily lost, borrowed, or even destroyed - and there goes the family tree!

Not only that, but disasters happen - this year my external drive wore out, and I got MOST of my data back....... I had not backed everything up in the cloud, although I have an online tree. but the really fascinating detail was still in folders, indexed roughly....

We can 'rent', or use some free space in the Cloud, but not everyone is tech-savvy and the constant updating could be an issue.

I would like to propose (apologies if this has been discussed before) that we form a working group to consider how Cloud space as a member benefit could help. Perhaps some family information could be shared this way too.

What do you think?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds
You are here Forums > WAGS Forum > General Topics > Could space in the Cloud be a member benefit?