- 1. WAGS Forum Rules
- 2. FAQs
- You must be Registered to post to the Forum.
- Posting to the Forum is moderated, and posts may not appear immediately.
- WAGS Forum Admin will delete inappropriate posts (content, links etc.), and reserves the right to permanently ban anyone who posts inappropriate material.
- Personal information about living people will be deleted by Admin.
- If you choose to post your email address, you may be subjected to spam email.
If you have any problems, questions or queries in using the WAGS Forum, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2.1. Who can join WAGS Forum?
WAGS Members are automatically Registered members of the Forum, and once logged in, are able to post an article to the forum or chosen topic.
WAGS Affiliated Societies Members who are not members of WAGS, and members of the public need to Register by creating an account, before being able to post to the Forum.
2.2. How do I Register?
Click on the "Create an account" link at the top right of the screen, and follow the prompts. You will receive an email confirming your registration. Once registered, and logged in, you are able to post an article to the forum or chosen topic.
2.3. How do I post to the forum?
You need to be logged in; click on the "Login" link at the top right of the screen, enter your details and click the "Login" button.
- Select your Forum from the Forum menu, either WAGS Forum or SIGs Forum.
- Select your main topic, and then from the list shown, the topic and article you wish to respond to.
- At the top and bottom of the list of posts, click on the "Reply Topic" button. You will then see a box where you can write your response.
- Once written, click on the "Submit" button.
2.4. How do I make a New Topic?
- Click on the "New Topic" button at the Forum level, or the main topic level.
- Make your Topic Heading and proceed to write your item.
- Once written, click on the "Submit" button.
2.5. Can I change my Forum Profile?
Once you have made a post, you can change your details at any time.
- Log in and click on your name in a post.
- You will then see your profile details, click on the "Edit Profile" button.
- You can upload an Avatar / Image to display against your name in your posts, and change the name you wish to show.
- When done, hit the "Save" button, or the "Cancel" button if you make an error.
2.6. What happens when I Subscribe?
You can subscribe to the whole Forum, particular Topics threads/items, or to an individuals posts.
- Log in, and go to the Forum you wish to subscribe to.
- Click on the "Subscribe" button at the level of your choice.
- If you subscribe to a top level "Forum", whether WAGS Forum or SIG's Forum,
- You will receive an email for all posts within that forum.
2.7. How do I Unsubscribe?
To unsubscribe, do the following:
- You must be logged in to unsubscribe, and can unsubscribe from a previous subscription at any time.
- Log in, and go to the Forum you wish to unsubscribe from. If you have subscribed at a top level "Forum", whether WAGS Forum or SIG's Forum, you will need to Unsubscribe at that level, otherwise go to the sub-forum to which you have previously subscribed.
- Click on the "Unsubscribe" button.
- You can re-subscribe to any forum at any time.
2.8. Does the WAGS Forum replace WAGSnet?
No - WAGSnet and WAGS Forum are two different forms of contact for members to pursue as they wish.
- WAGSnet is a closed mailing list which is available to WAGS Members and Affiliated Society Members only; it is not available to the public.
- WAGSnet has provided Members with a private mailing list for many years, and will continue to do so.
- WAGSnet is only available to Members who are subscribed to WAGSnet.
- Members are encouraged to utilise the excellent service that WAGSnet provides.
- If you are a Member of WAGS or an Affiliated Society, not already subscribed, and wish to subscribe to WAGSnet, click here-> WAGSnet Mailing List - and follow the instructions given.
- WAGS Forum is an open forum, and open to the public to view.
- WAGS Members can automatically log in and post to the WAGS Forums on this website.
- Non-Members have to register to post to the WAGS Forum (see above - "Who can Join WAGS Forum").
- The WAGS Forums provide a service to the public as well as WAGS Members.
- People who are not WAGS Members can ask questions and be provided with answers.
- SIG members can post queries or items of interest to their members or the public.
- Posts to WAGSnet or WAGS Forum, are independant of each other.
- WAGS Members and other Registered people can post to the WAGS Forum; Only Members subscribed to WAGSnet can post to the WAGSnet Mailing List.
2.9. Can I delete a post?
You can only delete your own posts.
If you get stuck, send an email to Forum Admin (see under Rules above), and they can delete it for you.