WAGS

Western Australian Genealogical Society Inc.

Font Size

Cpanel
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: MY HERITAGE

MY HERITAGE 04 Aug 2017 08:04 #1709

• Robyn O'Brien
  • Senior
  • Thank you received: 1
I have just received a e news letter that Legacy Family Tree has just been acquired by My Heritage. While they are highlighting all the positives about the acquisition I am less than impressed. Should i be concerned? Up to date I have had nothing to do with My heritage and I certainly have no plans to get a subscription or put my tree up there or have my DNA tested by these people.
I am keen to hear how other who use Legacy feel about this.
Robyn
The administrator has disabled public write access.

MY HERITAGE 04 Aug 2017 10:40 #1710

• Chris Loudon
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 7
Not sure if this is a good or bad move for users. I've been a Legacy user for many years now, just upgraded and think that the program is a great product. Hope it doesn't go the way that some others have gone.
Cheers,
Chris

MY HERITAGE 04 Aug 2017 10:56 #1712

• Cathy Pinner
  • Expert
  • Thank you received: 22
The startling announcement today is partly to ensure the future of Legacy.

There is no need to acquire a MyHeritage subscription or do any linking with MyHeritage when that option is developed.

What it means in the very short term is amazing discount on Legacy 9 and amazing discount on a Legacy Webinars subscription. It was cheap for what you got at US $49.95. At US $24.98 it's a no brainer. Access to the best genealogy education on the internet.

It's with the live Webinars that the most change will be seen. Currently live attendance is limited to 1000 people. The MyHeritage plan is to increase that significantly. Since far more than 1000 often register for a live webinar, I'm sure that will be welcomed by those for whom they're not in the middle of the night.

Quoting from the Legacy News article:
To celebrate the acquisition, we are offering a limited time, never-offered-before discount on Legacy 9 software and annual webinar memberships. Through Sunday, August 13 (Geoff’s birthday), take 50% off:

Legacy 9 software – from $34.95 $17.48

1 year webinar membership (or extension) – $49.95 $24.98
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris Loudon

MY HERITAGE 04 Aug 2017 19:08 #1713

• Robyn O'Brien
  • Senior
  • Thank you received: 1
Thank you Cathy. You have put my mind at rest. Yes you are right it's a good deal for Legacy Family Tree programmes. It's a pity I didn't wait a month before upgrading. I will be recommending it to others who are considering what programme they want to use..
I guess I miss out on the webinars as well as I took out a subscription for a year at the beginning of the year, which I considered at the time a good deal any how, for the price they were asking due to the standard of webinar.
Robyn

MY HERITAGE 04 Aug 2017 21:02 #1714

• Cathy Pinner
  • Expert
  • Thank you received: 22
You can use the Webinar deal to add to your existing subscription. Answer given by Geoff Rasmussen on Facebook today.
... yes, the special offer can also extend your current membership. ...
Posted by: Geoff Rasmussen | August 03, 2017 at 05:54 PM
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ian Scott
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds