COLLIE FAMILY HISTORY SOCIETY INC
Miners Institute Building, Throssell Street, Collie, WA
Affiliated Society of the WA Genealogical Society Inc.
Membership Costs: $30 per annum (@Jan 2015)
Visitors: $5 per Occasion (Limited to 3; then expected to join)
Location Map see below
Opening Hours: Tuesdays - 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM; Wednesdays - 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM; After hours by arrangement.
Facilities: The Collie FHS Library facilities include:
6 Internet connected Computers, with Computer Programs, Software and CD's, including:
- Collie Local Records - (some) local Parish Records + Collie Cemetery Records
- Australian Vital Records
- British 1881 Census
- British Vital Records (2nd Edition)
- European Vital Records
- Family Search Program (LDS)
- National Burial Index (UK)
- Parish Records - English, Irish and Scottish (26 CD's)
- Passenger Ship Arrivals for WA
- Pioneer and Federation Indexes - NSW, NT, SA, Tas, Vic, WA (Searchable CD's)
- Subscription Sites - Ancestry and FindMyPast
And much more
Microfiche / Readers and Printer
GRD's / Magazines / Lots of reference books
Collie FHS Society Objectives
(1) To promote, encourage and foster the study, science and knowledge of genealogy, family history and allied fields.
(2) To establish and maintain a reference library of printed, photographic, digital media and other works related to genealogy, family history and allied fields.
(3) To print, reproduce, publish, distribute and circulate or cause to be printed, reproduced, published, distributed and circulated, any written, photographic and digital material, which the society considers desirable.
(4) To prepare, record and establish indexed , digital, printed or other sources of reference material related to genealogy, family history and allied fields.
(5) To preserve, record and acquire pedigrees, family records and other genealogy material.
(6) To convene, hold, regulate and conduct meetings for the purpose of furthering all or any objects of the Society.
(7) To liaise, co-operate, associate and reciprocate with other associations, societies or bodies - whether incorporated or not, either within or outside Australia, and having objects wholly or in part similar to the objects of this Society.
|President:||Joanne Retzlaff||Ph: (08) 97344320|
|Vice President:||Barbara Brown|
|Research Officer:||Norma Merrey & Joanne Retzlaff||Ph: (08) 97344320|
PO Box 577,
Collie, W.A. 6225
Miners Institute Building,
Location Map - Collie Family History Society Inc.